As of the 1st of January 2021, the UK has left the European Union and with this comes new legislation surrounding the export of goods.
In light of this, we are continuing to export goods overseas, however, there are a few changes put in place to ensure a swift transition.
We would, however, like to take this opportunity to reassure all of our customers, old and new, that we will do everything we can to facilitate the export of goods. We have built fantastic relationships with our overseas buyers over the years who are very important to our business; we export a substantial portion of our lots and we wish to continue this.
Please see below details of the changes taking effect that you will need to be aware of:
- All lots entered into the sale by vendors must be clean on arrival.
- All overseas buyers will need to book their collections in with us at least 3 working days in advance.
- At the point of booking, buyers will need to provide us with the following information: port of departure and arrival; date due to sail; name of vessel; and, truck/trailer number.
- We will also require proof that the goods have left the UK (for example, in the form of a: authenticated sea waybill; authenticated air waybill; certificate of shipment; bill of lading, etc) in order to enable us to reimburse the VAT.
- We can provide a customs declaration to enable the goods to leave the UK if this is not being arranged through your own haulage company and this will incur an admin charge of approximately £100 per load, although this is yet to be confirmed.
- We can also provide the necessary commodity codes; weight; country of origin; and, value, for individual lots, which can be added to your invoice.
- As the buyer/importer, you will need an EORI number and to appoint a European customs agent to deal with customs clearing once the goods arrive in the EU.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of the above, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone on 01226 247 591 or by email at email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
If you require any assistance with arranging haulage, we will be able to help you with this also.